In commemoration of Australia day yesterday, I made 2 juices representing our national colours to celebrate! Australia Day marks the anniversary of the 1788 arrival of the first fleet of British ships. This is a national holiday where community events, concerts, fireworks, official awards such as Australian of the year are presented and ceremonies for new citizens. It is also an important day to reflect on the original Australians that inhabited this land. So why not enjoy these beautiful coloured juices any time of the year? No matter how you celebrated, fuel up on these nutrients for a festive treat. If you like what you see, we have more green and gold juices for you to enjoy!
- 2 yellow pears
- 1/4 pineapple
- 1 yellow zucchini (courgette)
- 1 lemon
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of turmeric
- 6-8 kale (Tuscan cabbage) leaves
- 2 green pears
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel lemons (optional).
- Juice all ingredients according to their recipe and enjoy!
- Pears – apple, green grapes
- Pineapple – golden delicious apples, mango
- Zucchini – celery
- Lemon – lime, grapefruit
- Kale – spinach, lettuce, cabbage, watercress
- Celery – zucchini, celeriac root
- Parsley – mint, basil
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on product size and juicer used.