If I could think of one drink that combined all of my favorite flavors, I’d have to say it’s this smoothie. It’s chocolate-y, nutty, sweet and nutritious. Our Reboot Kitchen is constantly stacked with beautiful superfoods just waiting to be blended, made into a smart sweet, or eaten as a snack so it’s easy to get a variety of flavors depending on what I decide to whip up that day. That’s the beauty of superfoods, there’s so much you can do with them!
Today, I was in need of a quick lunch so I decided to put some of my favorite superfoods into the blender. What I got was a super filling, super satisfying, creamy, rich and chocolate-y little piece of heaven. And as I write this post, my energy is through the roof. It never ceases to amaze me how good I feel after putting nothing but super antioxidant, plant-powered nutrients into my body. I started my day with a Trick-or-Treat Juice (we are way passed Halloween but the orange fruits and veggies in this juice are a winner all year long), I enjoyed a Morning Green Glory juice for a mid-morning snack, and then I had this amazing smoothie. I feel like I could do back flips in our office right now! But I’ll contain myself and be professional…
The reason I’m feeling this burst of energy:
- Goji berries have anti-aging benefits, boost immune function, protect vision, and prevent heart disease. They also are known to boost brain health, mood and protect against age-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s so eat them up! Goji’s are loaded with potassium, vitamin A, fiber and good essential fatty acids.
- Cacao powder is also a super high antioxidant food containing up to 300 different antioxidant nutrients. It’s also full of magnesium and known to be a “good mood food.”
- Almond butter provides healthy fats and protein making it a well-balanced meal to help me stay fuller longer.
- Kale, well we all know why we love kale. It’s one of the most nutritious foods on the planet and you can’t even taste it when you add to smoothies.
Are you ready to flood your body with plant-powered energy yet?
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk
- 1 banana, frozen is best
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or almonds)
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- 4 kale leaves (Tuscan cabbage)
- Ice, as needed
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Wash Kale well.
- Combine all ingredients into high-powered blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat11 g
- Saturated Fat2.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium280 mg
- Carbohydrates56 g
- Fiber12 g
- Sugars23 g
- Protein 12 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.