The warmer months are coming for many of us, so it’s a great time to enjoy a warm grilled salad. I love to grill vegetables and add them as a side plate or into a salad with a yummy dressing to enjoy! Fruit is also great to grill and absolutely delicious in a salad. For more ideas for yummy produce grilled try these recipes: Grilled Pear Walnut Salad, 7 Awesome Veggies to Grill and Herb Marinated Grilled Skewers.
- 2 large zucchinis, sliced
- 2-3 tsp of coconut oil
- 4 cups of salad leaves
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of honey
- Preheat a grill or a grill pan to a medium heat.
- Slice zucchini in half then in slices lengthwise.
- Heat coconut oil on grill and cook zucchini until soft and cooked on both sides. (if your grill doesn’t need oil you can cook without it).
- Lightly toast pine nuts (optional)
- Prepare the remaining salad ingredients and place in bowl and mix through the grilled zucchini and sprinkle the pine nuts over the top.
Zucchini – eggplant
Coconut oil – olive oil
Salad leaves – baby spinach or kale leaves
Red onion – brown onion, scallions (shallots)
Pine nut – walnut, pepitas (pumpkin seed)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.