Herb Marinated Grilled Skewers – Veggie Dish
- 2 green peppers
- 2 zucchini (Australian courgette)
- 3 onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil (organic extra virgin)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme or 1/4 cup fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried coriander (US cilantro) or 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (Australian coriander), chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried chives or 1/2 cup fresh, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Wash produce well.
- Chop garlic and leave on cutting board to air.
- Cut ends off zucchini (Australian courgette) then cut in half lengthwise. Cut into thick, half moon shaped pieces.
- Cut ends off onions. Peel. Cut into fourths. Then cut each section into 2-3 big pieces.
- Cut green pepper and remove seeds and top. Chop into big pieces.
- Add marinade ingredients to a blender and set to low speed. Pour into a big bowl.
- Add chopped veggies and coat them in the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes – 2 hours while wooden skewers soak in water to prevent burning.
- Remove veggies from fridge and skewer, making patterns of alternating ingredients. Refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- Grill for 5-6 minutes per side, as if there are four sides to each skewer.