Looking for a beautiful, fun, delicious and healthy plant-based dessert to bring to your Memorial Day weekend BBQ or graduation party? Veggie and meat eaters alike can enjoy this stunning and delicious dessert. Going to parties can be a major challenge for sticking with your health or Reboot-friendly goals, but bringing an option to share that you know is within the guidelines of your eating plan can be a big help. Cashew cream is a great way to add texture and flavor to 100% plant-based dishes, replacing usual ingredients like cream cheese or frosting used in desserts. Savory cashew cream is delicious as well and works in “lasagna,” stuffed mushrooms, dips and many other dishes.
- 1 large, round slice watermelon, cross-section
- 1 cup (150 g) strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup (150 g) blueberries
- Fresh mint
- ½-1 cup sweet cashew cream (see recipe)
- Make the sweet cashew cream.
- Slice a large watermelon into large discs.
- Top each disc with cashew cream.
- Then add mint, blueberries and strawberries onto cashew cream layer.
- Slice the watermelon into wedges and enjoy!
- Strawberries: raspberries
- Blueberries: blackberries
- Cashews: Brazil/walnut/almonds
- Maple Syrup: Honey
Prep time: 1 hour (for cashew cream)
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.