Cauliflower is so delicious when prepared and cooked well. Although sometimes it’s associated with being bland and boring, it’s all about what you do with it and we’ve made some pretty delicious cauliflower recipes like the Super Easy Creamy Cauliflower Soup and the Cauliflower Buffalo Wings. And now this salad is one to add to the list. Cauliflower is high in sulforaphane, a sulphur compound that has been shown to kill cancer stem cells, thereby slowing tumor growth and support liver detoxification pathways.
- ½ cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small beet, grated
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1 cup of lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup of spinach leaves, chopped
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup tamari
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp cayenne powder (optional)
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in hot water (30 mins) and rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 F (200 C).
- Mix BBQ sauce ingredients together in a bowl and brush the cauliflower florets with the sauce.
- Bake the cauliflower in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Mix the Ranch dressing ingredients together in a high speed blender except for the parsley then stir in the parsley once the other ingredients have blended well.
- Assemble the salad ingredients then add the BBQ cauliflower and drizzle with the ranch dressing.
- Garnish with extra parsley and serve immediately!
- Cauliflower – broccoli
- Carrot – zucchini, golden beets
- Beet – golden beets
- Lettuce – kale, arugula (rocket), endive
- Spinach – kale, watercress, arugula (rocket)
- Honey – maple syrup
- Olive oil – coconut oil
- Cashews – blanched almonds, macadamias
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2g
- Protein 9g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.