Just like Spring flowers, our skin needs love, attention and moisture! Moisture is one of the main components necessary to nourish and promote dewy, soft and beautiful skin. Create the perfect environment for your skin to welcome in moisture with an at home steam facial. Customize your Steam Facial with herbs and spices for an aromatic experience that benefits not only your skin but your mind as well. The warm steam gently opens up the pores on your face better allowing your skin to drink in the nutrients in your face oil or moisturizer. The aromas soothe your mind and bring you more into the moment for a fully healing experience.
Step 1: Wash & Exfoliate.
Wash your face and use a gently exfoliate with your favorite product or try our Honey Almond Face Scrub.
Step 2: Set up your steam.
You will need:
- One large wide mouth bowl.
- Two cups (500 ml) boiling water.
- Customized herbs and spices for your personal steam experience.
- A medium sized hand or dish towel.
Here are some ideas to customize your steam:
- Chamomile Tea: Add two tea bags for a calming aromatic environment.
- Parsley: Add two sprigs parsley for an energizing and bright environment.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Add five drops to soothe a busy mind.
- Basil: Add two sprigs basil to get grounded.
Step 3: Build Your Bowl.
Bring two cups water to a boil. Add your customized ingredients and pour boiling water overall ingredients until just covered. Let steep for 1-2 minutes.
Step 4: Sink it In.
Lean over the water, making sure to keep your face about 10 inches from the water. Place the towel over your head creating a tent over you. Breath deeply and allow yourself to close your eyes allow your body and skin to drink in the warmth with each deep breath for 5-10 minutes.
Step 5: Dry & Moisturize.
Gently dry your face with a towel and apply a face oil or moisturizer to seal in that soft, dewy and fresh Spring-kissed look.
Your face, skin, body and mind will thank you!