When it comes to adding a nutritious indulgence to green smoothies, raw cacao powder is on the top of my list. It provides an excellent flavor and adds a high antioxidant superfood boost. It works well with most base fruits such as bananas, mangoes, and peaches, and after I made this smoothie I found out it works well with blueberries, too!
I promise this smoothie is a tasty one. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how deliciously sweet it is even though it’s loaded with greens.
Here are more of our favorite green smoothies:
Green Monkey Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen blueberries
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 kale leaves
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (or carob powder)
- 1/2 tbsp flax oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 date, pitted (optional to add for extra sweetness)
- 1 cup (236 ml) almond milk
- Wash kale and blueberries.
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend for at least one minute until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat15 g
- Saturated Fat2.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium280 mg
- Carbohydrates66 g
- Fiber14 g
- Sugars29 g
- Protein 12 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.