A power-house of electrolytes and other nutrients, this smoothie is loaded with potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C and iron. Pineapple contains a wonderful anti-inflammatory nutrient called bromelain which may reduce inflammation, pain and also aid digestion of proteins.
- 2-4 kale leaves (Tuscan cabbage)
- 1 orange
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped pineapple
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water
- ½ cup ice
- 4 stevia leaves (dried or powdered is fine, 2 drops of liquid stevia will work, too)
- Juice the orange in a citrus juicer (or in your Breville juicer).
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend & enjoy!
- Kale – spinach, collard greens, watercress, arugula (rocket)
- Orange – ruby grapefruit, lemon, lime, mandarin, blood orange
- Pineapple – honeydew, cantaloupe (rockmelon), apple, pear
- Coconut water – hemp, rice, almond milk, water
- Stevia – honey, maple
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat2 g
- Saturated Fat0.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium340 mg
- Carbohydrates66 g
- Fiber12 g
- Sugars35 g
- Protein 10 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.