This is easy, simple nutritious and delicious! I created this recipe as a spin on a family favorite — it’s our entrée before our Christmas feast and often enjoyed in the warmer months as a lunch dish or as a refreshing side. The fruits used in this salad (papaya and mango) may not be readily available to people all around the world at the moment but using substitutions and keeping it for those warmer months will certainly be worth it. Papaya is an excellent nutrient dense fruit that contains specialized phyto-compounds and high antioxidant content. It’s a great source of proteolytic enzymes that help with the digestion of food. If you like the looks of this salad, you’ll also enjoy our Sweet Mango, Avocado, Tomato Salad Recipe.
- ½ papaya, remove seeds and skin and chop
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion, sliced finely
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro (coriander), chopped
- ½ inch (2.5 cm) grated ginger
- 1 fresh garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash all produce well.
- Chop and prepare the salad fruits and vegetables as noted.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a jar – this can be stored and used straight away or later. This will store for 5 days.
- Place chopped salad fruits and vegetables in a bowl and dress to your liking!
- Papaya – Paw paw, cantaloupe (rockmelon)
- Mango – pineapple, paw paw
- Baby tomatoes – tomato
- Red onion – spring onion, scallions (shallots)
- Olive oil – coconut oil, avocado, hemp oil
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat3.5g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.