If you love Joe’s Mean Green, then you’ll love this juice too! This Mean Chard Juice is just as easy, nutritious and enjoyable. I use the chard (silverbeet) in place of the celery and kale to switch up my nutrient intake. Swiss chard has an excellent nutrient profile high in Vitamin C (70% RDA), Vitamin K (1400%), Magnesium (28%), Manganese (28%), Potassium (15%), B vitamins, Iron (14%), Calcium (7%) and Vitamin A (165%). This shows you just from 1 serve of juice only including the nutrition from the chard just how potent it is. Enjoy!
- 4 chard leaves & stems (silverbeet)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 1 apple
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger
- Peel the lemon (optional or scrub and leave peel on for a more sour taste).
- Wash and chop produce to fit through juicer.
- Juice and enjoy!
- Chard – kale, spinach, lettuce
- Cucumber – zucchini, celery
- Lemon – lime, grapefruit
- Apple – pear, kiwi
- Ginger – mint
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.