I can’t walk past the super vibrant organic broccoli in the organic market without purchasing some (it’s a staple in my kitchen!). This week, it was looking so beautiful so I decided to add it to my juice recipe. It’s similar to the Oh Sweet Broccoli Juice but the addition of lemon and celery in this one really kick it up a notch.
Broccoli is high in the very precious sulforaphane and isothiocyanates that help protect us against hormonal cancers and other types of cancers. The WHO (World Health Organization) recommends that we all eat at least 1/2 cup of cooked or 1 cup of raw cabbage family vegetables (cruciferous) per day for its amazing protective properties. So eat or juice up!
Thyroid issues? Learn more about consuming cruciferous vegetables.
- 2 oranges
- 1 small head of broccoli (or 1/2 of a large head of broccoli)
- 1 carrot
- 1 lemon
- 2 celery sticks
- Wash all ingredients well.
- Peel the orange and lemon.
- Juice all produce and enjoy!
- Orange – ruby grapefruit, mandarin
- Broccoli – green cabbage, spinach, lettuce, Brussels sprouts
- Carrot – sweet potato, pumpkin
- Lemon – Lime, grapefruit
- Celery – zucchini, celeriac
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.