If you haven’t heard of golden milk, it’s about time to add it to your vocabulary. The benefits of golden milk is in the powerful spice properties that this drinks possesses, particularly the turmeric and ginger. This drink recipe is heated with a small amount of healthy fat combined with black pepper which all supports the best bioavailability of the curcumin and its benefits. The blend contains many spices to enhance the antioxidant benefits as well as the taste, these of course are all optional and it works well with just ginger and turmeric for its healing and health properties. Enjoy this as a warming drink, as a cooled golden milk with ice or even used as a smoothie base with fruit such as a banana. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2-3 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Optional: Add these spices for flavour and their health properties
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ground cardamom
- pinch of clove, ground or 2 cloves
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender (this is only optional – if you don’t want to grate turmeric and ginger) or simply mix together in a saucepan.
- Simmer ingredients on the stove gently for 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink!
- Coconut milk – almond milk, hazelnut milk, rice milk, hemp milk
- Honey – maple syrup, rice malt or stevia
- Turmeric, fresh – 1 tsp dried
- Ginger, fresh – ½ tsp dried
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat7g
- Protein 0g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.