This dish is one of my favorite healthy desserts. The in-season peaches and nectarines are low in calories and contain vitamin B3, and vitamins A and C. The berries are tasty, low in calories, and low in sugar. Berries are also a good source of fiber, and the blueberries contain antioxidants. The variety of color and phytonutrients in this dish make it a nutritional powerhouse.
To mix it up, you can add rolled oats, cooked quinoa, different nuts or seeds, or other types of fruit like blackberries and raspberries. You can also enjoy this dish chilled or with low-fat or Greek yogurt for added protein. You can also make it extra decadent and serve it with Banana Ice “Cream”.
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and pitted
- 2 ripe nectarines, peeled
- 2 tbsp almonds, crushed
- 7-8 medium strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup (70 g) blueberries
- Dash of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/177 C.
- Wash and peel the peaches and nectarines. Also, remove pit from the peaches.
- Cut the peaches and nectarines into slices and line the bottom of the glass dish and sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of crushed almonds over the peaches.
- Wash and slice the strawberries and place over the peaches and almonds.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds over the dish, then add washed blueberries.
- Place the glass dish into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes; then remove from oven, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.