I scream! You scream! We all scream for….Banana “Ice Cream”. Freeze your bananas and turn them into a healthy dessert or snack that is just as indulgent as your favorite Ben and Jerry’s but without the added sugars, unhealthy fats, and a whole lot of processed junk. That pint of Ben and Jerry’s in your freezer may taste good, but their ingredients include corn syrup, alkalized cocoa, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, vanillin, maltodextrin and dextrose, all of which involve some type of chemical processing or are simply artificial (and that’s just to name a few!).
This Banana “Ice Cream” is just frozen bananas plus a few extra delicious and healthy ingredients of your choice. You can add any of your favorite whole food ingredients to the mixture if you prefer to spice it up. I added almond butter, cacao nibs, and cinnamon.
Here’s a close up of some homemade chocolate chips added!
- 1 large or 2 small frozen bananas
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tbsp almond milk – add more if needed (The almond milk helps the bananas blend easier)
- Add all ingredients into your blender and blend until a smooth “ice cream” consistency is formed.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0mg
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.