Ice cream sandwiches have always been a favorite go-to of mine in the summer time. And I’ve recently been craving them. I started thinking about making these when I first made banana ice cream…how about putting banana ice cream in between two raw cookies? Perfection! These were so easy to make and SO delicious — definitely tastes better than any I’ve ever had from an ice cream truck! I used the Breville Fountain Crush slow juicer to make the banana ice cream. It comes out perfectly!
Banana ice cream (just use frozen bananas and push them through the slow juicer — don’t use a centrifugal juicer for this, it will not work) is good to have in your freezer whenever you need a little something sweet. And when you have raw cookies to add it to, it’s even better.
- 4 frozen bananas (peel your bananas before you freeze them!)
- 3/4 cup ( 115g) almonds
- 3/4 cup (115 g) cashews
- 1/4 cup (50 g) cacao powder
- 10 dates, soaked in water for 5 – 15 minutes to soften before blending)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add frozen bananas through your Breville Fountain Crush (or add them to a food processor) then place back in the freezer to let harden.
- Combine almonds, cashews and cacao powder in a blender or food processor and blend until a fine crumble forms.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, dates and salt into blender with mixture and blend until all ingredients form a soft dough.
- Roll dough onto a pan lined with parchment paper. You can use your hands or a rolling pin. If you use your hands, keep them damp to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands.
- Place rolled out dough into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once hardened, remove dough and cut into 2 inch squares (you will get about 20 squares depending on how big you want them).
- Place a spoonful of frozen banana onto half of the squares and then top with another square so you have yourself a sandwich!
- Store them in the freezer.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 10-1245 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1.5g
- Protein 5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.