The summer season always has me craving pineapple. There’s just something about its refreshing nature that brings me right to the beaches of Hawaii (oh how I wish I was in Hawaii right now). It also helps make even the most bitter greens taste sweet. I’m normally a big fan of the more decadent smoothies, like my Chocolate Covered Goji Smoothie and theCoconut Almond Milk, but when pineapple is involved, it’s easy to get more green in my life, and I need it. I am constantly traveling every single weekend so the more green the better to help me keep up with my hectic schedule.
Green smoothies are loaded with nutrients, help enhance your complexion, make your immune system stronger and keep you energized. When I was sitting poolside (almost as good as the Hawaiian beaches) recently on one of my weekends away, I decided to fuel up with this wave of deliciousness.
Kick back, relax, put your sunglasses on and sip in some favorite fruits and vegetables from Mother Nature.
- 1/4 pineapple (about 1 cup diced) — I like using frozen!
- 1/2 banana
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 – 2 kale (Tuscan cabbage) leaves
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 handful of mint
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut water
- Wash all produce well.
- Remove rind and woody core from pineapple.
- Add all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend on high for at least 1 minute until all greens are blended well and you reach a smooth consistency.
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.