Harvest Roasted Vegetable Comfort Soup
- 4 cups (1000 ml) leftover Roasted Veggies
- 32 oz (1000 ml) Low sodium Vegetable Broth (or homemade)
- 1 large Green Apple – chopped (peel, optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic – 1 minced, 1 chopped
- 2-4 ounce Water
- 1/4 cup (35 ml) Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and fresh ground Pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried Basil to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme to taste
- Add roasted veggies, 1/2 cup broth, water, to blender and puree until thick and smooth.
- Add more water as needed to desired texture.
- In the meantime, place 2 tbsp olive oil in pot and heat on low-medium.
- Add chopped garlic, stir, then add puree veggies.
- Add remainder of broth and apples, increase heat to medium.
- Simmer until apples are a little tender, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle apples with some soup out of pot and add to blender – puree with minced garlic.
- Return apple-soup puree and stir.
- Cover and simmer on low until heated through, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.