This smoothie is delicious, nutritious and green! Although you may think this smoothie was named after the Spider-man villain that ruins the day (this smoothie will save your day!), I was more inspired by the texture and thickness of the smoothie which reminded me of something a fairy tale monster might drink for breakfast. To say the least, Green Monster was runner up for the name.
But don’t be put off by the thickness of the smoothie, it is still sweet and delicious and you will likely find yourself wanting more! Although the Green Goblin is green, it’s filled with the colors of the rainbow: green, blue, red and my secret twist of orange! And it’s a perfect way to add more greens and vitamin C to your day.
- 4 – 6 kale leaves
- 1 banana (frozen is best)
- 1 handful of strawberries (Yes, even the tops. The more green the better!)
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 1 large orange (juice first if desirable)
- 1 cup (235 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- Peel orange and Juice before adding it into the smoothie. If you decide to not to juice the orange, the smoothie will still be delicious but a bit more pulpy.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend, serve and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat7 g
- Saturated Fat0.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium210 mg
- Carbohydrates81 g
- Fiber21 g
- Sugars45 g
- Protein 9 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.