This recipe was inspired by my recent visit to a popular New York City coffee spot where I ordered my favorite hot water with lemon and ginger drink, and to my surprise it came out not only hot, but frothy too! So, I decided to try it at home.
This spin on classic hot water with lemon and ginger is absolutely delicious and gives it a nice change in texture as well. It’s important to make eating and drinking fun while keeping your health in mind, and this drink certainly does justice to making healthy choices fun.
Why hot water with lemon and ginger?
Hot water with lemon and ginger contains incredible antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients as well as digestion and immune-boosting properties. Often I like to drink this beverage in the morning, but it goes well at any time of day. Learn more about the benefits of drinking warm lemon water. And if you like this recipe, don’t forget to try our Anti-Inflammatory Concoction too!
To mix this recipe up you could also blend a few chopped mint leaves, add cayenne for some spice, or honey for a touch of sweetness.
- 12 – 16 oz hot water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp lemon zest (from ½ lemon peel)
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon honey (optional)
- Heat water on stove top until desired temperature.
- Pour hot water into blender and add lemon juice, lemon zest and ginger- if you’re adding cayenne pepper and honey you may add them now as well.
- Blend on medium speed for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.