I love cauliflower! It’s such a versatile vegetable, it can be used as a creamy sauce base, as a great low calorie rice substitute, a great mash, in a healthy pizza base, as buffalo ‘wings’, and it’s delicious baked, sautéed and in soups!
Cauliflower is also a very healthy vegetable that belongs in the cabbage family and offers a range of health benefits such as protection from breast cancer, boosts heart health, acts as an anti-inflammatory, supports liver detoxification and also contains many vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- ½ cauliflower, chopped into floret
- 3/4 cup (100 g) gluten free flour (Here’s a great list of gluten free alternatives)
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- ½ tsp dried turmeric
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Chop and prepare cauliflower.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Mix together the batter ingredients together well in a mixing bowl with a fork. Combine well.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter and coat well then place on the baking dish.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes then serve immediately.
- Cauliflower – broccoli, sweet potato, zucchini, carrots
- Coconut milk – almond milk (unsweetened), water
- Turmeric – chili
- Coconut oil – olive oil
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 - 6
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.