I’m a bit tomato-mad lately, which is a good thing considering Sydney is leading up to one of its hottest summers and the days have been intense, hot and sticky. Tomatoes offer specialized antioxidants which provide the skin with natural sunscreen protection against free radical damage from UV radiation. This helps in the reduction of sun spots, wrinkles and anti-aging.
I just finished a 5-Day Juice Only Reboot to give myself a much needed pep up – it always does the trick. I went to a fabulous farmers’ market and grabbed a few bags of ripe looking tomatoes and attacked my awesome vegetable garden that my husband has been working on this year (see image below!). So this juice is as fresh as it gets, and healthy, light and 100% vegetables.
If you like savory juices as much as I do, then you’ll love these too:
Piping Hot Palate Pleaser
Here’s my latest savory juice recipe!
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 celery stalks
- 8 romaine (cos) lettuce leaves
- 2 swiss chard (silverbeet) leaves and stems
- 2 rainbow chard (silverbeet) leaves and stems
- 1 large handful of parsley
- dash of Tabasco, to taste (optional)
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Wash all produce well.
- Chop produce to fit through juicer chute.
- Add all ingredients through juicer, top with a dash of hot sauce and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Tomato – red cabbage, radish, red pepper
- Celery – cucumber, celeriac, zucchini (courgette)
- Romaine lettuce – arugula (rocket), other lettuce varieties, watercress
- Chard – kale, spinach
- Parsley – mint, basil
- Tabasco – chilli
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.