I am excited to share this recipe with all of you in the Reboot community! This is an easy and versatile way to enjoy the health benefits of this wonderful spice with a scoop of your teaspoon. Turmeric is nicknamed ‘the golden goddess’ because of its myriad of wonderful health benefits that it possesses for both people and animals.
This can be easily added to smoothies, soups, stir-fries and other dishes along with enjoying this in your golden milk or simply add it to hot water/coconut milk or almond milk and honey to enjoy a healthy delicious beverage daily. The benefits of turmeric are further improved with heat, black pepper and oil so here in this recipe, where we cover all of these to ensure the best possible absorption and utilisation.
To reap the benefits for liver health, heart health, immunity, arthritis, pain, inflammation, anti-cancer, brain health and more add ¼- ½ tsp daily to your food and beverages.
Note: BE CAREFUL!When mixed with oil this can stain surfaces easily. My hands are still yellow 😀
- ¼ cup turmeric powder
- ½ cup, plus 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Warm and stir the turmeric and water on a low heat in a small saucepan.
- Heat this for approximately 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add in the pepper and coconut oil and mix through until a smooth consistency forms.
- Cool then store this in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze in portions for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.