Love guacamole and Mexican food? This chunky salad is a great way to appreciate them both, since it has all the ingredients that make up guacamole. Super healthy and nutritious, this salad works well as a side dish for a healthy Mexican meal — or, add a healthy protein and enjoy it as a main.
Best of all, guacamole salad is also thyroid-friendly. In our 60-Day Thyroid Guided Reboot program, which kicks off tomorrow, July 26, we’ll share many more specially designed recipes and meal plans that are ideal for people with thyroid conditions. This program will help you learn how to properly nourish and protect your body, lose weight (if you have weight to lose), support a healthy immune system and jump-start a healthy lifestyle. There’s still time to sign up — find out more details and register today!
For the Salad
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes (I used a rainbow cherry tomato mix)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ cup of japalenos (pickled)
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and prepare the salad ingredients and mix into a bowl.
- Prepare dressing — combine the ingredients together and add extra olive oil if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix in and enjoy!
Lebanese cucumbers – garden cucumber, butter cucumbers
Cherry tomatoes – regular tomatoes
Red onion – brown onion
Scallions – spring onions — shallots
Pickled jalapenos – fresh jalapenos, deseeded red large chili
Lime Juice – lemon juice
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.