Noodles are an all-time favorite, but they often get a negative look because of their high carb content and likelihood to contain tons of (less-healthy in most cases) calories and fat. However, none of that is the case with noodles like these because they’re plant-based, lower in calories, carbs and the best part is that they’re loaded with nutrients. Zucchini squash is a great source of heart-healthy potassium as well as vitamins like A and C as well as some cancer-protective beta carotene. Additionally, the asparagus in the recipe is also a source of gut-healthy prebiotics that help to promote healthy bacteria that lives in our guts (important for so many things!).
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 7-8 asparagus, chopped into 1-2” cubes
- 4 zucchini squash cut into noodles or by using a spiralizer
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and prepare the produce.
- Using a knife or spiralizer, form the zucchini squash into noodles (either straight and thin with a knife or curly with a spiralizer)
- Heat a medium to large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil
- After 1-2 minutes heating on medium, add the garlic and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the zucchini noodles and asparagus and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and herbs and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then serve and enjoy.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat1g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.