I recently made raw chocolate mint bars so I thought I would turn this delicious recipe into a chocolate mint protein shake as well. Family members keep telling me how much they loved the bars so why not enjoy this regularly as a super nutrient shake? Greens and other vegetables can be easily hidden in this smoothie due to the strong flavors from the mint and the chocolate. Easy additions can be spinach, broccoli, celery, swiss chard, kale, lettuce or beets. Enjoy!
- 1 cup (250 ml) almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (for a crunchy texture)
- 2 drops of peppermint oil (food grade)
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 scoop of Reboot with Joe Protein Powder (optional)
- 1-2 dates
- 1 large handful of ice
- Wash the spinach well.
- Pit the dates.
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Cacao – carob, cacao nibs
- Cacao nibs – cacao powder
- Spinach – swiss chard, celery, kale, lettuce
- Date – 1 tsp honey, maple syrup, or a pinch of 100% stevia
- Coconut milk – almond milk, coconut water, hazelnut milk, rice milk, hemp milk
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat6g
- Protein 14g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.