Ireland is a beautiful country with lush, rolling green hills. Thanks to all that soft rain we see the vibrancy and gorgeous green that this country is so famous for. In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day and celebrating our family’s ancestors, I’ve created a luscious green smoothie to energize your day and keep you hydrated. With omega-3 rich hemp, potassium, magnesium, natural sodium-rich coconut water and maple syrup, this smoothie helps provide nutrients to power through your morning or afternoon.
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsweetened coconut water
- 1/2 cup (15 g) spinach
- 1 small pear
- ½ avocado
- ½ cucumber
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 3 – 5 ice cubes
- Wash lettuce, mint, pear, avocado and cucumber.
- Add coconut water and ice to blender.
- Slice avocado in half and scoop out flesh from one half into blender. Save other half with pit in the fridge for another recipe or salad.
- Add maple syrup, cacao nibs, cucumber, mint, spinach, pear, ice and salt to blender.
- Liquify, adding more ice to make thicker or coconut water to thin as desired to reach optimal texture.
- Pour and enjoy!
- Garnish with mint leaves and cacao nibs if you’d like.
- Romaine –spinach, green leaf or other lettuce
- Maple Syrup – molasses, honey
- Cacao Nibs – cacao powder, dark chocolate chips
- Cucumber – celery
- Coconut water – maple water, almond milk
- Avocado – banana
- Mint – basil
- Hemp seeds – chia seeds
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat8g
- Protein 8g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.