Just like we love to share super green juices and smoothies, we love sharing soups too! This soup is a great way to up your greens for a warming summer or winter soup! This soup is packed full of green goodness with loads of magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, B vitamins, vitamins A, K, C, E and protein. The garnish is optional but it adds a great texture and added bonus flavor!
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 2 large kale leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful of spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 swiss chard leaves, plus stems, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups (375 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 kale leaves and 4 tbsp pine nuts or slivered almonds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Wash and prepare vegetables as instructed.
- Heat oil in medium pot and sauté the leek and garlic over low to medium heat until soft.
- While the leek and garlic cook, line a baking tray and rub oil into the 2 leaves of kale for garnish, salt lightly and bake in oven for 10-15 mins, or until crispy. Add the nuts in for the last 6 minutes to toast lightly.
- Add in the zucchini, leafy greens and basil and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and season to taste. Bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once cooked, use a stick blender and blend the soup to form a smoother texture or pour into a blender and blend smooth.
- Garnish with the crispy kale and toasted nuts and serve immediately.
- Leek – onion, scallions, spring or brown onion
- Zucchini – golden zucchini, broccoli, peas
- Kale – spinach, broccoli
- Spinach – kale
- Swiss chard – rainbow chard, celery
- Basil – thyme, oregano, sage
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.