This recipe can be whipped up in a flashed and enjoyed for breakfast, an afternoon snack or a dessert. Just a few simple ingredients and you have a delicious crumble. You can easily substitute these ingredients with what you have available using the substitution list. Plums are full of antioxidants and are a delicious healthy fruit. They are particularly high in flavonoid antioxidants such as lutein, cryptoxanthin and zea-xanthin which have powerful antioxidant benefits and are important for cell health such as eye, heart and skin health.
- 4 plums
- 2/3 cup (65 g) almond meal
- 2/3 cup (85 g) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60 g) buckwheat (or chopped pecans, macadamias, almonds)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, slightly hardened
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C) and line a baking tray.
- Slice plums in half, remove seeds and scoop out some of the flesh to create a small bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients and rub in the coconut oil with your fingers until well combined.
- Top each plum half with the mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the plums are tender.
- Almond flour – coconut flour, buckwheat flour, oats
- Walnuts – any nut can be used
- Maple syrup – rice malt, honey
- Coconut oil – grass-fed ghee, butter
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat7g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.