Craving cookies for breakfast? You will love this healthy smoothie that uses the same spices and flavors of gingerbread cookies. For natural sweetness, the smoothie has half a banana and blackstrap molasses, which is rich in nutrients, minerals and helps promote balanced blood sugar. You can enjoy it warm and if you want a little more indulgence this time of year, top it with some vegan whipped cream and cinnamon.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (works great with this Oat Milk Recipe)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (or your favorite nut/seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Add the ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a small saucepan set on medium heat and bring to a simmer. If the smoothie looks too thick, add an extra splash of non-dairy milk until desired consistency is reached.
- When your smoothie reaches your preferred temperature, transfer it to a heat-safe glass or mug and enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.