I wanted to make a pretty pink juice to celebrate this special week for Valentine’s Day! I was admiring pink vegetables and fruits this week so I thought a nice blush juice would be a great juice to make. This juice contains high amounts of lycopene, carotenes such as lutein and zeaxanthin, anthocyanins, potassium, and pectins which are shown to have many health promoting benefits in the form of soluble fiber such as a decrease in heart disease and LDL “bad” cholesterol.
- 2 cups (300 g) watermelon
- ½-1 pink grapefruit (depends on how tart you like it!)
- 1 pink lady apple
- 1 wedge of red cabbage
- Wash all ingredients.
- Peel the grapefruit (optional to peel – leave plenty of the pith) and watermelon.
- Chop all ingredients.
- Juice & ENJOY!
- Watermelon – tomato, red grapes, lychee
- Pink grapefruit – mandarin, blood orange, orange, lemon, lime
- Pink Lady Apple – any type of apple, red grapes
- Purple cabbage – any type of cabbage
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.