Golden beets are a delicious versatile vegetable that are delicious roasted, grated in salads, blended in a smoothie, pickled or juiced. They have a much milder flavor than the regular red beets and don’t have that earthy taste that some people don’t enjoy. Golden beets are packed full of nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium, lycopene, flavonoids and zeaxanthin. So if you’re not a fan of the red beet then golden beets can be a great substitute. It is also important to enjoy the health benefits of the leaves, these are some of the most nutritious part of the vegetable that you can enjoy!
- 2 golden beets
- leaves from the golden beets
- ¼ pineapple
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 inch (1 cm) piece of ginger
- Wash all produce well.
- Peel the beets, pineapple and lemon (optional).
- Add all ingredients through juicer and enjoy.
- Golden Beets – red beets, carrots, pear
- Beet leaves – spinach, arugula (rocket), kale, lettuce
- Pineapple – pear, apple
- Lemon – grapefruit, lime
- Ginger – turmeric
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.