Sweet Potato & Bok Choy Soup
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 Leeks, white part only, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 medium Carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 2 sprigs Parsley
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 cups (1000 ml) water
- 1 large Bok Choy or 3 Baby Bok Choy, cleaned and torn in pieces
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, leeks, garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until the vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, sweet potato, thyme, parsley and salt and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add the water and increase the heat to high.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then return to a simmer and cook until the vegetables soften, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the bok choy and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pepper and any additional salt if necessary.
- Remove the thyme and parsley sprigs and serve.