This chocolate-covered delight may look rather decadent but these little haystacks are loaded with nutrients. Cacao powder and goji berries are two superfoods that are high in antioxidants and low in sugar. The almonds and coconut oil also offer tons of healthy fats. Make it for a dessert or a snack and fill up on healthy deliciousness.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup (140 g) cacao powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (55 g) slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup (30 g) goji berries
- 1/4 cup (30 g) dried cranberries
- pinch of sea salt, to taste
- Line a small slice tin or tray with baking paper.
- Mix in a small bowl the melted coconut oil, cacao, honey and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients then put the mixture in the fridge for 5 mins just to make it a little firm so you can form haystacks on the tray.
- Once slightly firm, take approximately 1-2 tsp. worth of mixture then form into haystacks on the tray. It should make about 10-12.
- Place the tray in the freezer to form solid haystacks for about 30 mins.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Cacao – carob
- Honey – coconut nectar, maple syrup, stevia
- Slivered almonds – Shredded coconut, flaked almonds, chopped macadamias, pecans, walnuts
- Goji & cranberries – dried inca berries, sultanas, raisins, chopped dates or dried berries
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes (in the fridge)
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat5g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.