Wake up to a refreshing, light, tropical blast of immune-supporting Vitamin C to get your day started right! This summery juice is also full of electrolytes like potassium. On a hot day it’s important to replenish fluids and electrolytes to stay healthy and prevent dizziness or muscle cramps.
**Fun tips for using the whole pineapple**
- Save the top of the pineapple to use as a brush on your skin. The pineapple “brush” is thought to have healing properties – whether it’s from the natural abrasive or exfoliant actions or the anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, like bromelain, found in this fruit, your skin will be radiant and cuts or minor abrasions may heal even faster!
- Create a pineapple “paintbrush” for fun art projects using the rough top of the fruit.
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple
- 1 orange
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of fresh ginger
- 4 oz (125 ml) coconut water (fresh or unflavored)
- Cut rind away from pineapple then chop into cubes and measure.
- Peel orange.
- Cut ginger.
- Juice pineapple, orange and ginger.
- Add coconut water to juice.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.