Yum! This smoothie is just sweet enough and has an excellent crunchy texture thanks to the cacao nibs. Not only is this smoothie nice and light, but it’s also loaded with heart-healthy nutrients called flavonoids. Flavonoids are a group of antioxidant-containing nutrients found in both the cacao nibs and the strawberries; in particular, the strawberries contain anthocyanins that are anti-inflammatory. Mix this smoothie up by swapping in different types of berries and different types of leafy greens; remember that the more variety you have, the more nutrients you’ll consume.
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup (150 g) fresh or frozen strawberries
- 2 large romaine leaves (or red leaf lettuce)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp ground or fresh turmeric
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- Wash all produce well.
- Remove tops from strawberries.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 45 – 60 seconds until smooth.
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.