Add some spice into your salad routine with this vibrant Spicy Moroccan Salad. It captures all of the beautiful colors from a variety of Mother Nature’s produce.It’s light and made with 100% healthy ingredients. Feel free to put your own touch on it with a variety of vegetables because the true flavor comes out with the herbs and spices. Bring it your next get together and your dish will be the most talked about item there.
- 2 cups lettuce greens of your choice (kale, romaine, arugula), chopped
- ½ head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¼ head of red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 small fennel, finely sliced
- 3 scallions (spring onions), chopped roughly
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp cilantro (coriander), chopped
- 4 tbsp golden raisins (can use other dried fruit, see below)
- 4 tbsp slivered almonds
Spicy Moroccan Dressing
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- Wash all produce well, then chop and prepare all salad ingredients as instructed.
- Place into a bowl, mix slightly.
- Toast the almonds by placing them in a small saucepan over moderate heat and stirring them around until a slight brownness occurs. Be careful not to burn.
- Spicy Moroccan Dressing: Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until a smooth consistency forms.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and sprinkle the toasted almonds and raisins over the top and enjoy!
- Cauliflower – broccoli, kale, cabbage
- Red cabbage – green cabbage
- Fennel – celery, cucumber
- Golden Raisins – currents, black raisins, cranberries
- Slivered almonds – flaked almonds, pine nuts, chopped macadamias
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- Protein 6g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.