I have been to a few restaurants lately where green bean ‘fries’ have been an option instead of regular fries. Halleluiah! Why hasn’t this gone global?! These are great to enjoy as a side dish or as a quick savory snack. One cup of green beans provides 4g of fiber, 2g of protein, 875IU of Vitamin A (17%), Vitamin K 20mcg (25%). Folate 43mcg (10%), calcium 55mg, magnesium 22.5mg along with B vitamins, iron and potassium. You can get all of this for just a handful of green beans! These are moorish, delicious and yummy!
- 2 cups (300 g) green beans
- 3 cups (750 ml) water, hot
- 3 cups (750 ml) water, cold
- dash of chilli powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and trim the green beans.
- Boil water in a small saucepan on the stove with a pinch of salt then add beans to blanch for 1-2 minutes.
- Grab some tongs and fish all the beans out and place in cold water to quickly stop the cooking process.
- Pour water off and dry the beans (paper towel works) then season with chilli, salt and pepper.
- Green Beans – broccoli, asparagus, snow peas
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0g
- Protein 3g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.