Take a trip to the tropics with the island-reminiscent flavors of coconut, mango, and lime. This brightly colored, frosty delight will cool you down and offer a little kick of spice. If you’re craving a piña colada, or ice cream, or frozen yogurt, this smoothie satisfies your sweet tooth, and provides a cool refreshing taste while also adding in greens!
This recipe comes from The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Gluten-Free Vegan Cooking©
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen pineapple chunks
- 1½ cups (50 ml) unsweetened coconut water
- 1 cup baby spinach, tightly packed
- ¼ cup (115 ml) lime juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Wash spinach.
- Add all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat1 g
- Saturated Fat0.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium360 mg
- Carbohydrates73 g
- Fiber11 g
- Sugars53 g
- Protein 5 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.