I love carob but I have refrained from eating store bought carob for years due to the processed hydrogenated oils that they commonly contain. So here is a healthy, homemade, super charged version of the old carob buttons. This is also something different from other cacao chocolate dessert treats you’ve probably tried (although you can easily use cacao in this smart sweet if you prefer). This is jam packed with nutrients and antioxidants and it’s yummy, addictive and really easy! Enjoy!
- ½ cup (125 ml) unrefined coconut oil
- 3 tbsp carob powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp greens powder (spirulina, chlorella and barley grass powder is what I used)
- 2 tsp acai berry powder)
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp almonds
- 4 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp honey or rice syrup
- Melt coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Line a baking tray then pour mixture into tray
- Set in freezer for 1 hour.
- Chop or break into bite size pieces.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
- Carob – cacao
- Hemp seeds – flaxseeds, sunflower, pepita seeds
- Honey – maple or rice syrup
- Walnuts or almonds – any other nut you desire
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat9g
- Protein 2g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.