By Claire Georgiou, Reboot Naturopath, B.HSc ND
When you’re craving a rich creamy vegan, gluten and dairy-free mousse., this is your answer. This dessert is nice and rich, which is why we love it, but I recommend this as a smaller serving. Just a small serving is all you need and it won’t disrupt a healthy eating plan.
Often when we eat sugary processed desserts even while they may contain the same amount of calories, they create very little satisfaction, disrupt our blood sugar levels and will actually increase our appetite thus causing us to crave more processed sugary foods while a healthier smart sweet will not have this effect. These desserts are nutrient packed and will be sure to satisfy! Enjoy!
Nut Crunch Topping:
1. Soak the cashews for 4 hours of more then rinse well.
2. Combine the cashew nuts, raspberries, coconut, lime juice, maple syrup, almond milk, sea salt, vanilla and coconut oil and process or blend in a high speed blender. Blend until you get a smooth consistency.
3. Poor into serving dishes and refrigerate for several hours.
4. Combine the chopped almonds, shredded coconut, maple syrup and salt, then lightly toast (optional). Then add the lime zest and refrigerate the mixture to get a nice crunchy texture.
5. Once the mousse has set sprinkle the almond crunch on the mousse and garnish with fresh raspberries.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 20 minutes