Chia seeds are 38% fibre, 16% protein and 47% fat while 17% being omega 3 fatty acids. They are also an excellent source of calcium. So enjoy these beauties any time of day as a breakfast or a little something sweet at the end of a long day.
- 1 cup (135 ml) coconut water
- 1/2 cup (125 g) fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into the blender and blend for 45-60 seconds.
- Pour mixture into small dishes, cups or ramekins.
- Let them set in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve with coconut or greek yogurt, fresh fruit, nuts and seeds if desired.
- Coconut water – almond, hemp, rice, quinoa milk or coconut milk
- Mixed Berries – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
- Chia seeds – flaxseeds
- Honey – maple syrup, rice malt
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 4g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.