Craving something sweet? This recipe is super easy, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free. If you aren’t on a Reboot, this treat is an ideal dessert! It’s also nut and allergy free so they are a great snack for little and big kids. This is a small recipe but it can easily be doubled and feel free to add nuts, seeds, cacao or chopped dried fruit to add extra flavour.
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160 C (320 F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the coconut oil then combine all the ingredients together in a food processor or with a spoon into a dough like consistency.
- Let the mixture cool so the coconut oil starts to solidify or place it in the fridge (depends on the temperature of the kitchen) until a firmer consistency forms.
- Roll into balls or little cookie shapes.
- Bake for 8-10 mins (these biscuits go very brown very quickly so keep an eye out).
- Remove from the oven and do not touch the cookies until completely cooled (placing them in the fridge is the best option) this cools the coconut oil and makes them more solid.
***Note: Because coconut oil is a semi-solid fat due to the high medium chain fatty acids it can change the recipe considerably due to the melting and solidifying points.
- Coconut flour – Almond meal although you will need to use ¾ cup (I haven’t tried this)
- Maple syrup – coconut nectar, honey, rice syrup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat4.5g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.