It was Anzac day today in Australia and New Zealand which is a National holiday (yippee to that!) of remembrance that commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders who served and died in war. Hundreds of thousands get up and watch the dawn service where marches and horns are played in the early morning silence. Many foods are enjoyed and the classic is the good old Anzac biscuit. I wanted to cook a healthier version so here they are!
- ¾ cup (60g g) of rolled oats
- ½ cup (115 g) of coconut flour
- ½ cup (50 g) shredded coconut
- ½ cup (50 g) of chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp of natural vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of water
- Preheat the oven to 160C (320F).
- Combine and process all the dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Then add the oil, syrup, vanilla and water. Add more water if needed.
- Use a tsp to scoop the dough and roll into a ball then flatten on baking paper on a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 – 25 mins.
- Coconut flour – ¾ cup of almond flour
- Almonds – any other nuts
- Coconut oil – macadamia oil, olive oil
- Maple Syrup – honey, agave
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat10g
- Protein 5g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.