This recipe was inspired by a Sarah Wilson’s creation called coco-nutty granola. As soon as I saw it, I knew I was going to make it and I would change it around to suit my own desires and ideas. This is a muesli/granola recipe that can be eaten like any muesli with a nut or coconut milk or with a dollop of coconut or greek yogurt and/or some sliced fruit. This recipe is very moreish and you will love it! Cooking the mixture is certainly an option but I haven’t tried it raw, I love the crunchy texture that the cooking gives it.
- 2 cups (450 g) coconut flakes
- ½ cup (150 g) cashews
- ½ cup (150 g) pecans
- ½ cup (150 g) almonds
- ½ cup (150 g) pepitas
- ¼ cup (60 g) flaxseeds
- ¼ cup (60 g) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (60 g) chia seeds
- ¼ cup (60 g) sesame seeds
- ¼ cup (60 g) hemp seeds
- 1-2 tsp of cinnamon
- 4-6 tbsp (60 – 75 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 120 C (250 F) and line a baking tray with baking paper (I needed 2 baking trays).
- Chop nuts (optional) and combine all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients into the coconut, nut and seed mixture.
- Spread evenly over the baking tray and bake for 30-40mins or longer if desired (cooking the mix is optional – The longer you bake it for the crunchier the texture, I personally love it extra crunchy!!)
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Coconut flakes – shredded coconut but the recipe works better with flakes
- The nuts and seeds are interchangeable – any desired types (approx 3 cups)
- Maple syrup – honey, rice syrup
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.