Looking for a summer comfort food? Grilled veggies are delicious and packed with immune supportive phytonutrients. Sweet potatoes are by far one of my most favorite choices. They are full of potassium, important for helping to control blood pressure and replenish post-exercise electrolyte needs. Sweet potatoes are also a good source of fiber and antioxidants like beta-carotene. Try this simple and easy-to-customize recipe next time you fire up your grill. It’s a side that everyone’s sure to love. Read more about white vs. sweet potatoes here.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea or Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Wash sweet potatoes.
- Peel if desired (I leave skin on for extra fiber and potassium).
- Slice into large and thick strips to prevent falling through grates, or use a grill pan.
- Place on serving plate and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on hot grill or grill pan.
- Grill until blackened and soft in the middle, about 10 minutes, flipping at least once.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.