Get into the spirit of St. Paddy’s this year and celebrate with a green smoothie! Forget that “Shamrock Shake” and replace it with our version! A delicious blend of Romaine, Cucumber, Avocado, Banana and Coconut Water.
Avocados are densely packed with vitamin E and healthy fats and give this smoothie a delicious creaminess. Cucumbers and Bananas contain a good deal of potassium. And Romaine is a leafy green which scores high marks on Dr. Fuhrman’s Nutrient Density scale.
I honestly can’t get enough of this smoothie. It is So Green, So Good and So Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day — Slainte!
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 6 Romaine Leaves
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2-4 oz (30-60 ml) Coconut Water
- Wash Cucumber and Romaine well.
- Peel and Cut Banana and Avocado.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Leave out avocado for lower fat version
- Romaine – leafy greens like Chard or Kale
- Add frozen blueberries or fresh mint for a different twist..
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat15 g
- Saturated Fat2.5 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium130 mg
- Carbohydrates33 g
- Fiber11 g
- Sugars14 g
- Protein 5 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.