I recently lost 60 pounds over the past year and a half, all without counting calories or points. Just a few simple changes made all the difference:
* cutting out sugar
* adding veggie juices
* eating smaller portions (eating just an extra 100 calories a day can lead to a 10 pound weight gain per year!!)
While on my weight loss journey, I designed a unique, stylish, and smart way to be health-savvy and in control: Simple Portion Bowls. I wanted something beautiful to motivate and carry me through to “healthy.”
I am taking pre-orders through Kickstarter here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/153909474/simple-portion-bowls-just-measure-what-matters Make 2013 YOUR YEAR, the year you started living the happy, healthy life!! (with pic of Simple Portion logo and Kickstarter logo)”
One snack I love to place in my Simple Portions Bowls are the Roasted Golden Beets!
- 2 large golden beets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Cut off stems and peel beets.
- Cut in half, then thinly slice them, about 1 mm thick.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced beets in the olive oil and cumin.
- Lay the beets flat in a single layer on a baking sheet (or two), lined with tin foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Enjoy them warm or cool/crispy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0.5g
- Protein 1g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.