- 2 Japanese eggplants or 1 medium eggplant
- 4 summer squash
- 2 green peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch scallions (Australian shallots)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- 4 cups arugula (Australian rocket)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Whisk together olive oil, paprika, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Chop veggies, add to bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast veggies for 40 minutes or until tender. Let cool.
- Add to mixed greens and arugula (Australian rocket).
- Serve with your favorite Reboot Salad dressing!
- Nutrition per serving:
- Fat1 g
- Saturated Fat0 g
- Cholesterol0 mg
- Sodium40 mg
- Carbohydrates28 g
- Fiber40 mg
- Sugars13 g
- Protein 7 g
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.
Roasted veggies are a delicious addition to any meal all year round. They taste great when warm as a side dish and cool on a green salad. Roasting veggies is a big time saver. Enjoy a portion at dinner then save leftovers for your mid-day salad. They add loads of flavor and are packed with fiber and micronutrients.