By Claire Georgiou, Reboot Naturopath, B.HSc ND
This is a delicious autumn or spring salad! Roasted vegetables in a salad are delicious cold or warm. This salad contains baby kale leaves that are raw combined with roasted red kale leaves for a great crispy texture.
Nutrition information is based on 3 servings.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
2. Peel and chop the beets, sweet potato and parsnip.
3. Coat chopped vegetables and red kale in oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake prepared vegetables for 30 mins or until they are cooked. Kale will take less time, approximately 15 mins. Cook kale until it is crispy.
5. Chop roasted kale.
6. Line a platter or individual bowls with baby kale leaves then top with roasted vegetables and roasted kale then sprinkle pine nuts on top. You can add the balsamic vinegar if you choose to. The oil and salt and pepper on the roasted vegetables can be enough.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 2 - 4
Trans Fat: 2g